Check for Encryption
When you log in to PVC, make sure the address bar is showing the padlock symbol. This safety symbol means that your login credentials are being encrypted.
Create a Strong Password
We have made it very difficult for a cybercriminal to crack your login credentials through our 3-element login protocol. Part of those three elements needs to be a strong password. Here are some tips for choosing a hacker-resistant password.
- Make your password as random as possible. Simple passwords like “0000”, “123456789,” “admin,” and mirroring your username are the first ones hackers will try. You want a mix of numbers, capital and lowercase letters, and symbols.
- Ensure it is different from your other passwords. If they crack your password on a less secure site elsewhere, they still can’t access your PVC account.
- Do NOT Use Personal Life Details in Your Password. Don’t use the name of your pet or child. No birthdays, street addresses, or your anniversary date.
To create a password that’s secure but not easily forgotten you can use a passphrase. Something you can remember but would be hard for someone else to guess.
Password managers are also very useful in letting you use multiple strong passwords. You only need to remember one password to access the manager, which securely stores all your usernames and passwords.
Keep Your Login Details to Yourself
Never let anybody else know your password, even when you need help with a problem. PVC staff will NEVER ask for your username and password.
- Each user in your organization should have their own account. That way there’s an audit trail of access and data changes.
- If we need access to your PVC account, we’ll never ask for your login details.
- If your marketing consultant, videographer, or photographer needs access to your PVC account, set them up as a user with their own login information.
Enable Two-Step Authentication
We recommend you add an extra level of security for your PVC login by enabling two-step authentication.
When you log in to PVC, you enter a code generated by an app on your phone or other devices. This means that even if someone did gain knowledge of your password, they can’t access your PVC organization without also having access to your authentication device.